What Will Be Your New Tidemarks in 2023?
Now that 2022 is in the rearview mirror, what will you do differently in 2023 to take your business to the next level?
A new year is like a fresh paddock – filled with excitement and new opportunities ready for the picking. While my horses Merlot and Banjo will go about eating out their new paddock without any particular plan, if you want to accelerate success, approaching the new year with intention, backed by strategy and action, is the best way of making progress towards your goals.
Reflect Back on 2022
Before considering what you might do differently in 2023, take some time to reflect on 2022 – the good and the not-so-good – using these prompters:
- Describe 2022 in three words.
- Who were the people and what were the projects, programs, places and personal experiences that inspired and energised you?
- When did you feel at your lowest and why?
- What was the best thing that happened to you, that you caused?
- What are you most proud of?
- What did you learn?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What do you want more of / less of in 2023?
Reflect Forward for 2023
A tidemark is a mark left or reached by the sea on a shore at the highest point of a tide. Using this concept as a metaphor for business, it can be viewed as a new benchmark to be reached in a particular area, such as in marketing or sales. It’s also useful to consider a new tidemark where you might want/need to step up or evolve as the business owner.
With the 2022 answers in mind, consider what your new tidemarks could be in 2023 in the following key areas:
- Mindset – what will you do more of / less of to maintain a positive and healthy mindset?
- Brand – do your brand pillars (purpose, vision, mission and values) and marketing messages need refreshing and/or aligning?
- Impact – what kind of difference do you want to make in your local community /society beyond product / service delivery?
- Relationships – who do you need to connect / collaborate with to move the business forward?
- Habits – what unresourceful habits could you shed and what new valuable ones could you embrace?
- Pricing – does your pricing need changing to reflect the enhanced value you deliver?
- Sales – what will be your new sales targets for the year?
- Goals – what’s the one big thing you’d love to achieve that would most move the needle forward in your business?
- Decisions – what decisions do you need to make to achieve your goals?
- Being – how do you want to be and feel different on 31 December?
By taking some time to consider what the new tidemark will be in all areas of your professional and business performance, then making a plan and taking action, you’ll be setting yourself up to have your best year yet.
©Ros Weadman 2023 To receive this enews straight to your inbox, subscribe here. You can connect with Ros via email or by phone 1800 677 600.